Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Would You Say This?

Few weeks ago, I was shopping with LZ.... While I was at the children shoes department, I overheard this:

The mom: Come here lah! Look at the mirror!

The son: Orh! He was trying to face the mirror and struggling to see how well the shoes fit him

The mom: Aiyo! When I say you are DUMB, you are really DUMB! Why you like this huh?

I was shocked! How could a mother say this to her child? How could anyone say that to a child? They were not alone, I think they had some friends or relatives with them, in a BIG group. The boy was very quiet after hearing what the mother said.

I walked away.... I didn't want to hear anymore what the mother said to the child... I pity that boy....

*Scheduled post*

9 comments:

blurblur said...

So sad for the child....:(

Angeline said...

*hi-5*

you know, I hear this (and cannot run away) EVERY SUNDAY!!! at my MIL's place.

That's the language my MIL and 2 sisters-in-law speak, I guess that explains why all the kids stick to me like a leech...I'm the only one that give nothing but praises and encouraging words...

so sad hor?

MomsyWorld said...

i've seen encounters like this more than once...even some parents ard me they say the darnest things to their kids...this is so demoralising. sigh

Clement said...

To every and anyone who witnessed this shameful display, it must have been crystal clear as to who the "DUMB" person really was.

allthingspurple said...

the poor kid. Kids are usually very vulnerable to treatments like that. Make them insecure and lacking in confidence.

Idy said...

That is so demoralising, especially coming from his mother!

Rachel said...

*sigh* not all kids grown up in happy family...

Vyvy said...

that's so mean......how can a mum belittle her own kid like that... poor boy..

kelly said...

There are a lot of lousy mums out there. Poor kids..I pity them.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies