Monday, May 05, 2008

Swimming Updates


I must say that LZ are doing very well for their swimming lessons :) They look forward to it every week. Everytime they see uncle Joseph, they run towards him.

My girl is still having some of the bad habits/wrong strokes from the previous coach and I know it takes time to correct her. At times, she is in the playful mood when she goes for lessons. It is only a month or 4 lessons with the new coach. Nevertheless, she is progressing well and change for the better too :) She is able to swim in the deep pool without any float! Yeah! The next lesson, the coach wants her to swim 6 laps (short distance)! She said "What?! 6?! " Hahaha...

The previous lesson, the coach asked her if she is interested in doing competitive swim. Her reply was "I let mommy decide. " According to my sis, the coach must have seen the potential in her and that's why he asked if she is interested. L told me and I asked her what does she think. She said she is not confident but she is willing to try. I explained to her that she needs to be more serious in it and she will takes part in competition. I also told her that she may not win in the beginning as she will gaining exposures from the competitions. I don't want her to feel demoralise if she does go for it. She saw how well her brother is progressing and she said will strive to do better :) Yet to tell the coach our decision as we want to focus on her correction.

And my boy :) He is doing so well! After only 4 lessons, he is able to do the strokes and now he is learning to do it together with the breathing. He is very focus when it is his turn with the coach. When the coach ask him to practice on his own, he is very serious too. That's the difference between having a good coach and one that is not. The coach commented that Z is a fast learner :) When Z heard me talking to jiejie about competition, he said he wants to do it too! I think he wants to because of the medals! Hahaha!

For the past 3 lessons, they have been spending time at the deep pool for the last 15 mins of the lesson. Soon, I will see my 2 babies competing among themselves :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I love the "I let mommy decide" That's so sweet!

You have done some great parenting haven't you! Good job!

blurblur said...

I think it will be good to expose her to the competition just to gain experience. :) She's such a sensible girl huh...so sweet! :)

Ricket said...

I'm still having hard time teaching my older girl to overcome the fear of water.

I guess I have to let the professional do it.

J@n!ce said...

Is the new coach the one you gave me the contact?

Your kids are really so talented & master them with such a short time :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's good that they are doing so well in swimming and even have potential. Great for LZ!

Rachel said...

Well done LZ! So happy for you.
Not surprise for them to compete, my C always make sure she is faster or not too far off from her jiejie.

LZmommy said...

Angeline
Thank you :) I am still learning how to be a better mom. I like reading your posts and I picked up tips from you :)

Blur Blur
I think so too :)

Ricket
Maybe it is because you are the one teaching so your girl more manjah :)
For us, we are no expert in swimming (strokes) so we leave it to the coach to teach.

Janice
Yes :) That's the coach's contact number. I'm sure if it is Zac & Amos, they will pick up fast too :)

Mama Tang
Yes :) It is a good news and hope they willl continue to do well.

Blessed Mum
Thank you :) I think so too :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies