Thursday, June 05, 2008

Our Trip

*An overdue post on our trip to Genting*

24th May, Saturday, (Day 1)

LZ must have been very excited about the trip that they woke up at 3+AM! We were to leave the house only at 0545hr! Thanks to LZdaddy for staying up all night doing unnecessary things and leaving the room lights on throughout... Haiz... I had to sleep in their room. Both got jealous when I slept with either one...



We were ready by 0515hr and decided to go to Golden Mile Complex earlier.... Yes! We are taking a coach ride to Genting! It was LZ first trip to Malaysia. When we arrived there, I realized LZdaddy forgot to bring the bag of bread that was on the table! It was our breakfast on the coach ride! All he has to do was to take care of the trolley bag and the food and yet he forgot the bag... I had to hold on to the haversack, jackets and our 2 kids. Haiz... never trust a man to handle more than one things...

I thought we were early as we were not expected to be there till 0630hr. I was shocked to see many people was already there waiting for their coach. Sorry :) Me very 'suaku' . Not only it was LZ first coach ride, it was also mine too. Hehehe.... We waited for another half hour before Boon's family arrived. Then we asked the men get some coffee and bread. By 0715hr, we were on our journey to Genting.

Surprisingly, it was a very smooth trip. I didn't think LZ would be so well behaved throughout :) L had a very long nap and Z spent half the time watching cartoon and playing tv games. It took us 7 hours to reach our destination! I will never take such a ride anymore! So tiring.... Finally we checked in to our rooms at Resort Hotel.

We decided to just walk around for the first day. We had a late lunch at white town coffee. LZ took a few rides too.

26th May, Sunday (Day 2)

We met Boon's family early for breakfast and went to the outdoor theme park.

L could take most of the rides but not for Z :( He was disappointed that he can't go for any of the coaster rides at all! Well, he was supposed to be able to go for one but the lady insisted that he was under the height limit! We have checked before we queued up for the ride and we waited almost half hour for that! He had no problem with some of the rides which were for 107cm (minimum height). I didn't want to argue with her.... L & Shirley went ahead while Z and I walked off. We waited outside for them and he looked so disappointed :( Good thing that Z is a very easy to please boy :) A few more kiddy rides and a lollipop ;)

Lunch in the theme park was horrible... Not much choices since we decided to stay within the place. We even got a stick of fish balls which turned bad! After the meal, we continued with the rides. This time, we had a bad encounter at the kids bumper rides. LZ were queuing for their turns, and when it was their turn to go in, the whole lot of kids from the back pushed their way to the entrance! Gosh! They missed their turn and had to wait another round for it. Anyway, from this incident, I saw that L took very good care of Z. She 'protected' him :) She puts her hands around her brother and made sure no one knock him. So sweet of my princess :)

26th May, Monday (Day 3)

We spent the whole in the indoor themed park. LZ were not so excited with the rides, coz it was not as thrilling, especially for Z (again). He can't go for the coaster ride. Nevertheless, they had a good time :) I got to try out archery! My babies took turns to be the camera man, they were more excited than me :) LZ took the bumper rides many times and we didn't go back to the hotel till 11+ pm.

27th May, Checkout Day, Tuesday

Finally it was time for us to go home! The journey back home seemed shorter and we were glad to be back home but not looking forward to the unpacking and the laundry. The next day was also a day that I don't look forward to......

9 comments:

Angie said...

We stayed in Resort hotel the last time. It's good. This time we stayed at First World. it's bad. :)
I have some problem with the culture there as well. I cannot stand pushing and shoving and cutting queue!!!

Mamabliss said...

how come no pictures dear?

My Lovely 'A' said...

Well, if you go to Genting during weekend or school holidays, these are the incidents that can't be avoid. I hate to see that too, especially when it happen to my children. My hubby will ensure this doesn't happen, thus he also stand beside the children when they are queuing for a game.

My Lovely 'A' said...

Well, if you go to Genting during weekend or school holidays, these are the incidents that can't be avoid. I hate to see that too, especially when it happen to my children. My hubby will ensure this doesn't happen, thus he also stand beside the children when they are queuing for a game.

Rachel said...

hahaha..never entrust any job to a man! "Behind every sucessful man, there is a great woman" now u know why! We have to go round cleaning their mess and remembering things for them!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, the 6 hours ride is the one factor that has put me off for family vacation @ Genting..hee. My children are those impatient one and will keep asking me "why so long.".. : P

Unless on flight, it's diff as they are fully entertained.

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

I've never been to Genting before...hee hee...it's the long journey on coach that puts me off...

Ya lor, how come no photos huh? ;)

Angeline said...

Ohhh...the kids have a smashing great time and when that happens, the parents are naturally happy, ya?

having to wake up at 3am! They must be really excited!

allthingspurple said...

yea, and the man of the house will also always forgot the most important thing like passport or keys.

I think there isnt any lunch place at the outdoor theme park. they probably only have snacks. Genting is like half an hour using the highway from our house and another 20 min up the hill. So we go there pretty often, although we avoid school holidays. it can get crazy then .

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies