Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Holiday Workshops

These 2 last holiday workshops were one of the highlights of their school holiday. They have been looking forward to it and I was too, coz I can take a break from them. Hehehe....

Learning Science With Airplanes & Winds

They learnt that as a Scientist, they learn through trial & error. They must persevere in whatever they do (I explained it further to them). They also learnt that air has less pressure when they are moving. The faster they move, the lesser pressure they exert and other stuffs too.

They were taught how to make a few paper crafts for this lesson.

Paper-copter: Why it spins? What happen when it falls? Which direction it spins? How to make it spin in opposite direction? This is L's favourite craft

Superglider: Why it need paper clip? Gravity etc... This Z's favourite craft.

Fabulous Ring plane: Why it fly? How it works?

I think L enjoyed the lesson more than Z. She told me didi daydream at times during lesson. Haha! I think he may be too young to understand it. When Z heard what jiejie said, he insisted that he enjoyed the lesson. smile

After the lesson, LZ had the lunch outside the classroom (for the next workshop). It was half hour break before they go for the next workshop. I packed bentos for them and they had lunch sitting on the floor. So poor thing hor? No choice, since we didn't have much time and there wasn't any seats around. I will post the bento pictures in the next post. I think they love what I have prepared for them coz they finished it in 15 mins! surprised

Ice-cream Making Workshop

It is a coincidence that the teacher was the PSG member from L's school. I realised that she teaches beading lessons too. Next time, I will sign L up for it. LZ were so excited when they saw the different kinds of sprinklers displayed on the table.

When I picked them up, the ice cream was melting away... I thought they would have it in the classroom... While we were walking home, the ice cream was melting and dripping from the bag sad. I wanted to throw it away but I saw LZ were very disappointed that they don't get to try what they made, so both were standing at the kitchen sink having their ice cream.

3 comments:

J@n!ce said...

Looks like enriching workshop you signed up for your kids. I missed quite a bit of FUN for Zac this school holiday all bcos I enroll him for Han Yu Ping Ying classes. Tomorrow will be the last lesson. Really glad that he did learn something fruitful this holiday :)

3lilangels said...

Wow...such fun and educational holiday programmes. Never mind the kids, I want to make ice cream too...hehe

Angeline said...

This workshop is really GOOOOOOd!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies