Monday, June 02, 2008

Life Science - Little Doctors (Holiday Programme)

Before the start of the school holiday, LZ have been asking what have I planned for them. How I wished we could just do nothing at all... But being kids, and the active ones, they wouldn't take that. I have signed them for a few programmes and of coz I asked for their opinion and which one interest them :)

Today they went for their 1st holiday programme, Life Science - Little Doctor. This workshop is cater for children between 5 to 10 yrs old. So what have they learned from the workshop? They know more about their body parts, what is inside our body (lungs, liver heart etc) and what are their function. Besides doing worksheets, they also did art & craft of a stethoscope and a little booklet of the body parts.

When we talked about what have they learnt, the first things they told me was what was stethoscope for. Then they excitedly showed me the worksheets, L was so proud that she scored full marks for that! Z didn't get full marks but at least he tried to answer the questions and not forgetting that he is only 4 1/2 yrs old :) They also showed me the little booklets that they made and 'explained' to me about the contents and the function of our body parts. It was fun listening to them :)

L showed interest in it and I must credit it to the recent book that she has been reading, The Magic School Bus -Inside The Human Body (by Joanna Cole & Bruce Degen). Check out their website HERE, they have games, simple science projects and other stuffs for kids. She loves the story and I intend to buy more of the series. She found out about this book when her friend bought a copy of it during the Book Fair that was held in school. She told me she read a few pages and she wanted to have the book. When comes to books, we never say no to our kids.

I'm glad that both my kids show interest in Science, unlike me :p Because of them, I think I better start reading too! Hahaha...

5 comments:

allthingspurple said...

Kids nowadays are so different from us when we were young, eh? They loves all things to do with the computer, science and art and craft. All I ever did when i was a kid was just masak masak and marbles.

Par said...

I always like the magic school bus...
It's nice that your kids took interest in science!

Angeline said...

this workshop sounds really interesting...too bad my kids are way too young (I guess).

J@n!ce said...

I din know there is such a holiday programme. Must be really enriching. Good that they have an interest in science :)

blurblur said...

I am so ashamed of myself, i did not plan anything for Damien this holiday!! :(

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies