Saturday, June 07, 2008

Wedding Lunch & Mervin Who?

We attended our friends, Evan & Angeline's wedding lunch at Hyatt today. It was great meeting up with friends and those that I knew brought their kids along and that include us :)

Last week, godma told me that we'll be sitting with her in laws. She told them many times how well behaved her godchildren were. Oh dear! What if LZ decided that they want to misbehave today? How? I told godma she stressed me leh... She laughed and said she's very confident LZ would be very well behaved and I shouldn't worry about it. I know.... I shouldn't be...

I told LZ few days ago about it...
Me: Sweetie, godpa's parents will be sitting with us during the lunch. I hope to see both of you well behaved, can?
L: Mommy we will. If didi naughty, I will tell him to behave also. Then godma will be proud of us.
Me: Good *smile* Even if they are not there, you also must be.... (before I could finish talking)
L: well behaved!
Me: Yup!

My smart girl :) Anyway, my worries were uncalled for. They were very well behaved throughout the lunch. Godpa's parents & his sister were very impressed with LZ. They told me it was a joy watching them eat(LZ ate whatever we put on their plates and even asked for more) and said LZ had very good appetite. They also praised them for sitting throughout, listened to me and not fighting with each other. They said they hope their soon-to-be granddaughter will be like LZ. Sorry if I sounded boastful... But I am writing what they said :) Most of the time, LZ enjoy their meals, so maybe that's why they seldom run around during that time. They also have storybooks and gameboys with them. They knew that if they do misbehaved, I will not bring them along for wedding banquet or similar function anymore ;)

I think they enjoyed at the lunch and the meal too :) Both were very excited when they were asked to help to 'throw' flower petals' during the march in and they clapped hands whenever the emcee asked.

So who's Mervin? He is the host that we often seen on Kids Central, in primary schools or some kids events. He was the emcee for the wedding. Godpa knew LZ were his fans or rather Kids Central fans, so introduced them to him. Both of them were very shy initially... Before Mervin went off, he came to chat with LZ again. He was very nice to them, showing them a video clip of his pets on his hp, asked them about pets, and other stuffs. Of coz how they missed the opportunity to take pic with him? :) Hehehe... My kids hardly see celebrity lah...


Mervin showing them the video clip of his pets


Mervin with Leonard & LZ

Before he left, L excitedly told me she wants to write it in her blog :) Yes, my girl has a blog of her own. I encourage her to do so, hoping that will help her with her creative writing skills :)

By the time the lunch ended, it was already 5pm. We rushed home to change to our comfy clothes and went to my MIL's place for gathering :) Of coz I didn't forget to praise LZ for being so well behaved :)

7 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Well, if my chdren were 1/2 well behaved like LZ, i will surely like to bring them for such function..hee : P

Seem like wedding lunches are the lastest trend. It's good cos no need to rush.

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

Your LZ are really very well-behaved, no wonder you're so proud of them! :)

Damien can hardly sit through during our normal dinner...let alone a wedding bouquet... ;)

Angeline said...

what an experience! It's like meeting an idol like that!

when I saw the first line, I thought I'm getting married again! *laugh* silly me, its just my usual silly reaction when I see my name or hear it being called.

Rachel said...

How I wish my princess can be as well behaved as LZ, then maybe my life will be longer...no need for me screaming to behave!

allthingspurple said...

huaaahhh... your girl has a blog of her own! How old is she?

eastcoastlife said...

Wow! What a lovely picture with a celebrity!

LZmommy said...

Thank you Ladies for the compliments :) Actually I think they don't want me to scold them and embarrass them in public. Haha!

Allthingspurple
She will be 7 by December :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies