Saturday, June 28, 2008

Better

Thank you all for your concern.smile I am very touched by the comments that you all left for Z and me and the smses and calls. When he is older to read the comments, I'm sure he would too. 

Z is feeling better! For the past few nights, we had to help him get on and off the bed, sofa and chair. Yesterday morning, I was surprised to see him get off the bed by himself.

Z (walking out of the room): Jiejie! Jiejie! ...
Me: Z, you are up! (surprised to see him get off the bed without any help)
Z: Mommy, where's jiejie?
Me: You forgot today is Friday? It is weekday and jiejie is in school now.
Z: Oh! I forgot....
Me: You miss jiejie?
Z: Yes... *smile* Good morning mommy!

The first person he looked for was L! I'm jealous! Hehehe...

For the past few days, besides watching TV and reading books with him, there wasn't much things for him to do. Like what I have said earlier, everything he did, he needed our help. AND now, he doesn't walk around slanting to one side! Before that, he was walking with his body slanting to the right and holding on to his right hand. I think he wasn't used to the additional weight of the cast.

He played computer games since yesterday! He asked if he could play computer games and I told him that his right hand is injured, how to play? He happily replied,"mommy, I can use my left hand." Silly me, why didn't I think of it? mrgreen Within minutes, he was very comfortable playing computer games with his left hand. smile I was so happy looking at him moving the mouse!

When he watches TV, he doesn't need my help to sit down on the sofa or get off the sofa. He needed help only if he was sitting on the floor. During lunch time, he fed himself. It was messy but I was so happy that I didn't bother about the mess. smile Showering for him was tough. We have to ensure that his hand doesn't get wet and the past few times when we washed his hair, he screamed and cried!

He wanted to play toys but most of it need both his hands. Yesterday while jiejie was having her ballet lesson, we went to the mall for a walk and at the same time bought some extra BIG t-shirt for him. He can't wear all his clothes now so I have to buy new ones. He tried playing with the game console which was on display but as you know, he has only one hand that he can use now. He was disappointed that he can't. I decided to buy something as a reward for being such a brave boy. smile It was none other than Thomas & his friends engine, Duncan. That cheered him up and this morning he started playing with it. smile Of coz I didn't forget about my princess. I bought her something which is her favourite right now, Hannah Montana. smile

I have made a call to his piano school and sent them the MC to stop his lesson for the time being. When he recovers, we will have to rebook the timing and hopefully he can get the same teacher. When I told him about it, he was quite disappointed... He said he can use his left hand to play but you can't just practice on your left hand right? I explained to him and he seemed ok with it.

I also made calls to the school and his young reader center. The teacher from school called me back yesterday to find out what happened to Z and she said she has packed his worksheets for him. But I thought I have asked my friend to tell her that Z fractured his hand and he can't write at all. She explained that though he can't write, at least go through with him what the classmates are doing. The teacher from the enrichment center advised me to stop his lessons for the time being and let him go through his old reading books. For Chinese enrichment, the teacher told me to continue with his lesson and she will be extra careful with Z. That I'm not so sure, we'll wait till after her checkup then I will decide.

As for swimming, I planned to tell the coach the following lesson. He is exempted from PE lesson for at least 3 months. Seems like it will be a long time before things are back to normal for Z... sad That day I asked him if he would like to the playground again and he said no. I think he has the phobia now whenever he sees the playground. Parents out there, do keep an eye on your child when they are at the playground. I hope none of you have to go through what we have gone through..

Got to go now.smile We have visitors coming to our house later and we better pack up!

5 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

glad that Z is better now. take care Z ! :)

Angie said...

great to read that he is better now! *hugs*

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

so happy for Z and glad that you are doing fine as well..phew!!

cheers,
astee

Jacss said...

hi lzmommy, so sorry to read what yr lil boy had gone thru recently...deep inside i told myself, this is the last thing that any mummy would want to happen to their kids!!

i used to fear the same for my kids...now having read thru how torture it can be, i'll pay extra attention to my hyper monkeys whenever they are in PLAY!! no joke...felt yr aches!!

oh ya btw, i love yr bento works... so much to learn from u!!

wish lil Z be stronger...recover soon & back to a healthy active boy!

Rachel said...

glad he is better now...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies