Monday, June 09, 2008

Swimming Updates - June

It has only been 2 months since they started with this coach. So far, I am very happy with their progress :) I regretted that I never change her coach earlier.... Coz I want to spend more time chatting with the other mommies, especially Michelle. Hehehe...

L finally has her strokes corrected and now she is building her stamina to get her ready for the test! Yeah! She also started wearing pajamas for this lesson! The coach told her she may go for the test if she is ready when school reopens. She swim 2 laps without stopping at all! The next lesson she will have to do 4 laps surprised L was very discipline for this I noticed. I remembered one of the weeks she stopped midway and I asked her why. She told me the coach said if she stops, she will have to start all over again.

Z is doing great too! He is swimming with the help of the arm floats at the deep pool from this lesson onwards. He is able to swim 2 strokes without any help or float at all! What happened was Z asked the coach if he can jump into the pool (they were swimming in the deep pool), the coach said yes and pulled him away from the edge. He encouraged him to swim towards the edge and pull himself up. He did it! Not once, but many times smile The coach told him by the time jiejie goes for the test, he will be able to swim. Yeah!

For the past month, they have been spending about 35mins to 45 mins at the learner pool before they move to the deep pool. At the learner pool, they practice their strokes and at the deep pool, L's stamina.

Today, we spent longer time at the pool. My nephew was having his competitive swim lesson with the same coach and we stayed on to watch. They followed the coach wherever he goes, asked him questions, shared their snacks with him and even massage for him. Haha! I was worried that they might disturb him giving lesson but the coach said it was ok. My sis told me that he doesn't mind them asking questions since it was about competitive swim and L showed interest in it.

But I think the training scared her off! lol She got a shocked when she found out they started the training with 500m swim! I was shocked to see the gears they used for training too. My sis was so nice to explained to me what are they used for. Call me suaku redface I don't know they use so many equipment/gears for training.

Today is also my nephew's birthday too! Happy Birthday! And what a way to celebrate your birthday smile

0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MyBabies

MyBabies